Monday, March 28, 2011

I always fall for your type

I've been going through my mental Rolodex trying to figure out what my type is. When I have these conversations with myself I come up with a great list. When I'm put on the spot and asked the question I stumble.  I don't know if I have a definite list, but I do have physical qualities and personality traits that peak my interest. An attractive light-skin cutie to a chocolate deluxe and maybe an occasional vanilla swirl all catch my attention. When I walk down the street I feel like a man gawking at a women sometimes by all the eye candy I see. Back to the type, so once we get past the looks then that's when the personality comes in.  Not that I'm superficial, and I know you can't judge a book by its cover, but I'm not going to even pick up the book unless the cover interests me. I'm just saying.

Nice personality, easy-going, sense of humor, honest, hard-working, easily adaptable, slightly spontaneous, ambitious, intelligent, charismatic are just a few of the things that come to mind when I think of my ideal mate. The goal is not to follow patterns of the past, and to learn form each situation.  There's a reason those that are in the past are there.  Sometimes things just don't work out and I can accept that and have definitely been happier once certain situations died.  Yes, I know die is a strong word but it describes what needed to happen to certain situations.

I'm still trying to come to a conclusion of what I desire in a mate, and it keeps switching up from day to day. I guess once I can decide what I want then the universe will bring it to me.

1. I realized that some times things just aren't meant to work out. If you feel as though you're tyring too hard then maybe you should stop. My life example was NBA all star 2003 in Atlanta. My flight got cancelled twice and by the time I got there my ride experienced issues.  Then I had to give directions to the supershuttle to Clark Atlanta to try to break in and stay with a friend for the night.  This was what made me realize that if I have to try toooo hard that maybe it's just not meant to be.

2. Stripping for Jesus.  What's this nonsense that they keep talking about. I refused to check into it because this just doesn't sound right.  Not that I'm judging anyone because you gotta do what you gotta do, but stripping for Jesus is just a bit too much for me.

3. I was asked if my ADHD should be a concern.  I don't think it's affected me so far. I just have to continuously keep doing things or I will get bored and go crazy, or at least that's the way I feel.  Maybe I should try just being still like my mother would want for me to do. 

4.After watching the various posts on facebook and youtube it made me wonder how common abusive relationships were.  I've seen grown men go in on women like they were dudes and have been shocked/sickened. I'm not sure how I would react if I was involved in one.  I'm lowkey scared of what I would do since I do believe in revenge and retaliation.

5.I think of Miami a great deal, despite the fact that I was ready to get the hell out of there after graduation. If i can't make it there at least once a year a part of me dies.  Yes I am being over-dramatic, but that's my old stomping grounds. My college years were a great time for growth, learning about myself, and the beginning of my independence.  That city will always have a hold of me and that's probably where my obsession comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment