Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Loyalty

The dictionary defines loyalty as, "the state or quality of being loyal; faithfulness to commitments or obligations".  As I think about the qualities that I feel are important in people I deal with: Honesty, respect, trust, and loyalty are what always comes to mind.  Without these things I think it is impossible to have a functional interaction whether it be a relationship or friendship. 

The things that I've mentioned aren't things that are developed overnight.  It may take years before those things can be successfully developed between individuals.  And it can only take a moment or act to tarnish any one of those things.  Your actions should be a direct reflection of these things.  I rather you show me than tell me since, "an action speaks louder than words" in the world of Olu.

Not enough people place as much weight as they should on the actions they do or the words that come out of their mouth.  In the end all you have is your word to support your character and unfortunately there are many people who's word means absolutely nothing to me. 

To be loyal to someone does not mean that you are completely submissive to them in any way, shape, or form.  In my mind it means that when stuff hits the fan that you'll be in the corner to support them or, if need be, call them out on their actions.  I'm abou tready to drop the mic and walk away, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment